ASOS Maternity Collection
You know what we love about the ASOS – the website. It’s so easy to use and our thing is, regardless of whether you are pregnant or not, is that you can ‘view the catwalk’. For almost every item you can see a little video of someone walking in that item of clothing. It’s fab. It means you can see how it hangs, how short it is, what the movement is like etc. All very important aspects of shopping online. We love it.
Anyway, back to the maternity collection. As you’d expect from ASOS, the collection is varied. It includes everything from vests to jeans to maxi dresses and boyfriend jackets. And that’s where we will start with our top picks, things which we would put in our shopping basket:
- The Boyfriend Blazer – I adore this little number. It’s so versatile. Dress it up or down and it will last throughout your pregnancy. I want. I want a lot. £50
- Chiffon Corsage Babydoll Dress – So cute, and also available in purple. £38
- Three Quarter Sleeve Boyfriend Cardigan – Perfect for now it’s starting to get cooler. And a steal at £25
- Exclusive Black Ruched Wrap Bust Dress – Everyone needs a LBD in their wardrobe (and this isn’t too little!). £30
- Kate Jegging in Indigo – Is it a jean? No. Is it a legging? No! It’s a jegging. £28
- Exclusive Soft Touch Scoop Vest in Black – You need this as a base layer for lots of other outfits. £8
- Cut-About Stripe Off-The-Shoulder Jersey Dress – For those nights out. At only £24, it would be rude not too!
- Belted Waterfall Cardigan – We know some of you hate waterfall cardigans, BUT we love this one. Wear it with fitted or skinny bottoms to elongate your profile. £30
We are disappointed in only one thing – the lack of colour. We would have liked to have seen a little more colour in the collection
Price wise – the collection is comparable to all the over high street collections.
Size wise – the collection goes from a size 8 to a size 18 … so if you have a fuller figure you will need to look elsewhere.
So all in all, we give ASOS The Bump Wear Project’s seal of approval. You can check out the full range now and once you have, let us know what you think in the comments box below. Do you agree with our choices? Or are there other items you would spend your hard earned cash on?
ps. Do you remember our Trend Alert: Stripes post? Well, just to show how bang on we are, the ASOS collection has no less than 8 stripey garments! Oh yes, stick with us!